Saturday, June 29, 2013

Why this blog

All species and their individuals are hard-wired for survival. They must go aggressively after what they need to survive and propagate. Sometimes an animal needs to tend to the herd, at other times it must look after itself. Deceit and subterfuge are often part of the strategy. All action is governed by instinct to keep living.

Most of us have not evolved beyond the Neanderthal mind, except perhaps, in the area of deceit and subterfuge. We do not understand the interconnected nature of life on the planet. We keep on working towards maximizing benefit to ourselves and to our family, and overlook humanity's inevitable march towards its death. I am referring to the slow poisoning of our air, water, food, and environment..

My spiritual tradition tells me that it is all an illusion. Well it is helpful to know that because it puts me at ease and I don't feel burdened. The tradition also tells that I must continue to participate in life even though it is an illusion. I like that too. So I must participate and give expression to my thoughts, which I intend to do with this blog here. My thoughts are mostly about the organization of society, so I have titled the blog "governance".

No comments: